- Non-linear dynamics in Biophysical Systems;
- Non-linear equations in Polymer Theory;
- Polymer-mediated interactions and properties of Filled Polymer Systems;
- Polymer Adsorption.
- 2017–p. t. Project leader; 2014–2016 Staff Scientist, Teaching coordinator – Institut für Theoretische Physik, WWU Münster
- 2005–2014 Staff Scientist – Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research Dresden
- 2003–2005 Research Associate – Dept. of Chemistry, University of Virginia
- 2002–2003 Research Associate – Dept. Chem. Eng., University of Pittsburgh
- 2000–2001 Guest Scientist – Max-Planck-Institut für komplexe Systeme, Dresden
- 1995–1999 Research Scientist – Phys.-Tech. at Kharkov State University
- 1995–1999 Senior lecturer in Mathematics, later docent – NGI of Ukraine
Long-term guest positions
- May–Sept. 2014 Visiting scientist, CBNI Centre for BioNano Interactions Interactions, Dublin, Ireland.
- Apr.–May 2011 Visiting scientist, KAVLI Institute of Theoretical Physics (KIPT), Santa-Barbara CA, US.
- April–July 2005 Junior Research Associate, ICTP for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy.
- Oct.–Nov. 2001 Guest scientist, Technische Universität Dresden, Germany.
- A.I. Chervanyov, Polymer-mediated interactions and their effect on the coagulation–fragmentation of nano-colloids: a self-consistent field theory approach, Soft Matter 11, 1038-1053 (2015).
- A.I. Chervanyov, Analytic liquid state theory of the polymer-mediated interactions mediated by reversibly adsorbed polymers, J. Chem. Phys. 141, 244902 (2014).
- A.I. Chervanyov, Depletion forces acting on nanoparticles in confined polymer systems: Potential theory, Phys. Rev. E 83(6), 061801 (2011).
- A.I.Chervanyov, G. Heinrich, What really enhances the adsorption of polymers onto chemically nonuniform surfaces: surface randomness or its heterogeneity?, J. Chem. Phys. 125, 084703 (2006).
- A.I. Chervanyov, A.C. Balazs, Effect of particle size and shape on the order-disorder phase transition in diblock copolymers, J. Chem. Phys. 119(6), 3529 (2003).
- A.I. Chervanyov, Effects of boundary scattering and optic phonon drag on thermal conductivity of a slab of rectangular cross-section, Phys. Rev. B 66, 214302 (2002).
- A.I. Chervanyov, Contribution of phonon drag to the Knudsen effect in superfluid mixtures, J. Low Temp. Phys. 126, 115 (2002).