Lecturers, organization, dates & exams
Dates & locations
Due to coronavirus-related restrictions, the event will take place in digital teaching format.
Lecture Tue., as asynchronous recording (digitally) KP/TP 404 (via "LearnWeb") Fri., as asynchronous recording (digitally) Tutorials Fri., 10:00–12:00 (digitally) KP/TP 404 (via "zoom") Fri., 14:00–16:00 (digitally) KP/TP 304 (via "zoom")
The lecture will be held in English if required; the tutorials will be in English.
Further information about the course schedule and the conditions for passing the course can be found on the LearnWeb.
To register for the course and get access to the associated LearnWeb page, please write an e-mail to Prof. Dr. J. Heitger (see above).
Contents & literature
Contents of the lecture
- Relativistic quantum mechanics
- Elements of classical field theory
- Quantization of free scalar fields
- Interacting scalar fields: perturbation theory and Feynman diagrams
- Quantization of Dirac fields and spin-1 fields
- Quantum electrodynamics
- Loops and renormalization
- M.E. Peskin, D.V. Schroeder: An introduction to quantum field theory (Addison-Wesley)
- I.J.R. Aitchison, A.J.G. Hey: Gauge theories in particle physics (IOP Publishing)
- M. Maggiore: A Modern Introduction to Quantum Field Theory (Oxford University Press)
- G. Münster: Von der Quantenfeldtheorie zum Standardmodell (de Gruyter, 2019)
Exercise sheets can be downloaded from the LearnWeb portal in the "Problem sheets" folder. Solutions to be submitted must be uploaded to the LearnWeb, too.