- EEG and MEG
- MEG-fMRI integration
- Event-related transient and steady state potentials and fields
- Functional organization and reorganization of cortical structures
- Induced brain activity and oscillatory brain dynamics
- Perception of spectral and virtual pitch
- Time processsing in the central auditory system
- Neurophysiological basics of music
- Cortical plasticity and music
- Multimodal cortical plasticity
- Auditory attention and auditory learning
Pantev C, Dinnesen A, Ross B, Wollbrink A, Knief A (2006) Dynamics of auditory plasticity after cochlear implantation: a longitudinal study. Cereb Cortex 16: 31-36.
Elbert T, SterrA, Rockstroh B, Pantev C, Müller MM, Taub E (2002) Expansion of the tonotopic area in the auditory cortex of the blind. J. of Neuroscience 22 (22): 9941-9944
Ross B, Herdman AT, Pantev C (2005) Right hemispheric laterality of human 40 Hz auditory steady-state responses. Cereb Cortex 2005a; 15: 2029-39.
Pantev C, Okamoto H, Ross B, Stoll W, Giurlia-Guy E, Kakigi R, Kubo T (2003) Lateral inhibition and habituation of the human auditory cortex. Euro J Neuroscience, 19: 2337-2344.
Fujioka T, Trainor LJ, Ross B, Kakigi R, Pantev C (2005) Automatic encoding of polyphonic melodies in musicians and nonmusicians. J Cogn Neurosci 17: 1578-1592.
|Undergraduate||Electronics and Computers, Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria (1967-1969)
Institute for Bionics and Biocybernetics, Technical University Ilmenau, Germany (1969-70)
Institute for Physiology and Biocybernetics, University of Leipzig, Germany (1971)
|Masters||Institute for Bionics and Biocybernetics, Technical University Ilmenau, Germany (1972), Bionics and Biocybernetics|
|Doctorate||Institute for Bionics and Biocybernetics, Technical University Ilmenau, Germany (1973-1976), Ph.D., Bionics and Biocybernetics|
|Habilitation||University of Münster, Faculty of Medicine, Venia legendi: Biomagnetism and Biosignal Analysis|