One scholarship for a South- or Central-American student MSc in Geoinformatics and Spatial Data Science at ifgi April 2024 – March 2026
The Institute for Geoinformatics (ifgi), University of Münster, Germany, is one of the world-wide leading institutions in geospatial information science (GI Science) research. The MSc in Geoinformatics and Spatial Data Science will enable students to further develop their problem-solving skills, to acquire analytic capabilities, and to learn about innovative and creative scientific research methods. ifgi also offers Master students the opportunity to get personally involved in cutting-edge research projects. The medium of instruction is English.
ifgi provides a four-semesters scholarship (April 1, 2024 – March 31, 2026) to one international student (nationality and residence in the 3 years before the application deadline in South- or Central-America). Applicants need to hold a Bachelor degree in Geoinformatics or a similar topic. As for course contents, requirements, and application procedures, please see https://master-geoinformatics.com.
The ifgi scholarship includes
- A monthly scholarship lump sum of 1.000 € per month (April 1, 2024 – March 31, 2026)
- Coverage of semester fees for four semesters
- Travel costs to Germany, up to 1.800 € according to actual and documented costs
- Pre-arrival and after-arrival support by ifgi
Applications are requested by November 30th, 2023
- using the same application procedure as for regular non-EU students, see https://master-geoinformatics.com/apply.
- BUT: Additionally, provide as "other document" a proof of residence of the last three years before the application deadline
- If your nationality is from America AND you provided the proof of residence, we will automatically assume that you apply for the scholarship. If you do not provide an additional document "proof of residence of the last three years", we will automatically assume that you do NOT apply for the scholarship.
Study program coordinator: Prof. Dr. Edzer Pebesma, email@example.com