The Protestant University Church Münster is a central place for music, culture and theology within the University and the city. The former abbey of the Franciscan-Observants serves since its reconstruction in the 1950’s as the Protestant University Church. It is located downtown in the Schlaunstraße next to the Buddenturm and is open during sermons and concert events. Its acoustics excellently lends itself for almost any type of church music.
The concert series ‚Observantenkonzert‘ consists of organ and chamber choir concerts. The student chantry and the chamber choir of the University interpret choral works of all epochs, headed by Prof Ellen Beinert.
The brass band of the University meets weekly for practice sessions in the church.