Non-EU/EEA applicants without a European university entrance qualification
Candidates applying for first-semester admission to restricted-admission degree programmes (NC) must submit their applications via our Application Portal [de]. You may apply for up to three subjects which you must prioritise in your application. The order of priority is binding. Please check the current status of your application on a regular basis by logging onto our Info Portal.
You should make two print-outs of your online application as it may be helpful to have a separate print-out when you apply for a visa.
After submitting your application, you will receive an email notification which you should print out, sign and return to the University of Münster. In this notification, we normally request additional documents which are required to further process your application. These generally include:
- Proof of sufficient German language skills (more information)
- Complete curriculum vitae (CV)
- Certificate of university entrance qualification, e.g.
- foreign secondary school-leaving certificate (e.g. high school diploma, baccalaureat de l'enseignement secondaire, te'udat bagrut etc.)
- university entrance examination (if applicable)
- university transcript(s) or degree certificates (if applicable)
- certificate confirming you have passed the Feststellungsprüfung (assessment text) administered at a Studienkolleg (foundation course)
If you have applied for winter-semester enrolment and your application has been received on time, you may submit the certificate confirming you have passed the Feststellungsprüfung, as well as the certificate confirming you possess sufficient German language skills by 15 July at the latest, or alternatively for summer-semester enrolment, until 15 January at the latest. Please include your applicant number on all copies of your certificates.
If your certificates are issued in a language other than German or English, please submit copies of the originals together with an official translation of these in German or English.
We only accept authenticated copies [de] of your original certificates.
Please send your complete application to:
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster
Schlossplatz 2 | 48149 Münster