Applicants from non-EU/non-EEA countries with a secondary school-leaving certificate or university degree issued outside of Germany
Your application is comprised of the following steps:
- You begin by applying for all restricted and non-restricted degree programmes for first-semester enrolment via our Application Portal [de] during the application period(s). You may apply for up to three subjects of study.
- After submitting your online application, you will receive email confirmation that the University has received your application and an attached checklist (Kontrollblatt) which you can save onto your computer.
- You log onto the Info Portal.
- You upload all required documents necessary for processing your applications within the respective application period. At this point, you can no longer access or exchange your uploaded documents. If you need to exchange a document, you must do this through the Student Admissions Office.
- The checklist contains instructions and submission deadlines for additional documents which we require to further process your applications. The respective deadlines are included in the checklist. Please submit authenticated copies of all certificates.
- Your application is complete as soon as you have uploaded and sent us via post all of your degree-programme specific documents required for further processing.
You will be asked to upload and send the following documents to us by post together with the signed checklist:
- Foreign university entrance qualification (secondary school-leaving certificate, high school diploma, etc.)
- Transcript of Records including your GPA (grade point average)
- Confirmation of sufficient language proficiency (German or English depending on the degree programme)
Please note that we often require applicants to upload and send us by post additional documents, e.g.:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Bachelor's certificate (or preliminary certificate, if applicable) with the minimum grade/Transcript of Records spanning at least five semesters
- Confirmation of additional language knowledge (e.g. English, French etc.)
- Letter of motivation
- Additional qualifications (work placements, internships etc.)
- For other additional documents required for admission, please read the admission regulations of the respective degree programme (see our Study Guide [de]).
Chinese, Vietnamese and Mongolian applicants must also submit an APS certificate.
If you wish to apply for admission to several master's programmes, please include separate copies of your written documents for each application. This is necessary because applications are reviewed by independent selection committees in each degree programme.
If your application is designated as a special case, you will also be asked to send us additional documents by post. Specific instructions and the corresponding submission deadlines will be included in the checklist.
If your certificates are issued in a language other than German or English, please upload or send us copies of the originals together with an official translation of these in German or English.
Please check the status of your application on a regular basis in our Info Portal.