Medical Branch Library
University and State Library
Albert-Schweitzer-Campus 1, Building A11
48149 Münster, Germany
Contact persons | Directions [de] | Location in Google Maps
Mon – Fri: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Sat + Sun: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Books can be collected and returned till 9:45 p.m.
Online reservation for time slots Mon – Fri: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., 4 – 12 p.m.; Sat + Sun: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., 5 – 12 p.m
Lending and picking up the books in the library is possible from Mon – Fri 8 a.m. – 9:45 p.m., Sat + Sun: 10 a.m. – 9:45 p.m.
Loan information: Books from the textbook collection can be selected by the students themselves. You can order monographs via KatalogPlus.
In exceptional cases, you can ask another person to collect the books you have ordered. For this purpose, the person you have commissioned must present a written power of attorney and be able to identify himself or herself by means of an identity card or passport.
- Registration / library card matters
Mon – Fri: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Mon – Fri: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
+49 (0)251 83-58560
Charges (incurred due to exceeding the deadline, issuing a replacement library card or placing an interlibrary loan request) can only be paid by bank transfer, or you can pay the fees during the entire opening hours of the University Library (ULB) or the Medical Branch Library at the pay machine in the foyer. Amounts of 1 EUR and more can be paid cashlessly at the pay machine using Giro, Maestro or VPay cards.
Regular closing days of the Medical Branch Library 2023:
- 1 & 2 January (Sun & Mon), New Year
- 20 February (Mon), Carnival Monday
- 7 – 10 April (Fri – Mon), Easter
- 1 May (Mon), May Day
- 18 May (Thu), Ascension Day
- 28 & 29 May (Sun & Mon), Pentecost
- 8 June (Thu), Corpus Christi
- 3 October (Tue), anniversary of German unification
- 1 November (Wed), All Saints' Day
- 24 – 26 December (Sun – Tue), Christmas
- 31 December (Sun), New Year's Eve
Different opening hours apply around Christmas and the turn of the year.