- Dependability evaluation for critical infrastructures and energy-related systems
- Development of a Java tool for the analysis and simulation of hybrid Petri nets with random variables
- Discrete-event simulation
- Statistical Model Checking: hypothesis tests and confidence intervals for probabilities
- Non-linear continuous behavior
- Non-deterministic systems
- Rare-event simulation
C. Pilch, M. Niehage and A. Remke, "HPnGs go non-linear: statistical dependability evaluation of battery-powered systems", 2018 26th IEEE International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS), Milwaukee, WI, USA, 2018.
C. Pilch, F. Edenfeld and A. Remke, "HYPEG: Statistical Model Checking for hybrid Petri nets", 11th EAI International Conference on Performance Evaluation Methodologies and Tools (VALUETOOLS), Venice, Italy, 2017.
J. Chromik, B. Haverkort, A. Remke, C. Pilch, P. Brackmann, C. Duhme, F. Everinghoff, A. Giberlein, T. Teodorowicz and J. Wieland, "Context-aware local Intrusion Detection in SCADA systems: a testbed and two showcases", 8th IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), Dresden, Germany, 2017.
C. Pilch and A. Remke, "Statistical Model Checking for Hybrid Petri Nets with Multiple General Transitions," 2017 47th Annual IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN), Denver, CO, USA, 2017, pp. 475-486.
C. Pilch, "Student Research Paper: Evaluation of the Dependability of Critical Infrastructures Using Hybrid Petri Nets with Random Variables and Stochastic Simulation," 2017 47th Annual IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks Workshops (DSN-W), Denver, CO, USA, 2017, pp. 160-163.