- 2012 – present: Research Group leader, WWU Münster, Germany
- 2011 - 2012: Independent Marie Curie Fellow, University of Sheffield, UK
- 2010: Post-doctoral researcher, University of Ghent, Belgium
- 2006 - 2010: Post-doctoral researcher, Indiana University, USA
- 2002 - 2006: PhD student, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, Austria
- 1995 - 2000: MSc. in Biology, University of Palermo, Italy
My group integrates bioinformatics and experimental approaches to investigate how the interplay between the intracellular, external, and population genetic environments leads to the emergence of functional genetic novelties.I aim to understand the links between organismal response to environmental changes and the processes that shape gene architecture and expression. My projects are interdisciplinary: they involve the distinct disciplines of comparative genomics/transcriptomics, biochemistry, molecular biology, population genetics, experimental evolution and epigenetics.