- Development of new and improvement of existing plasma excitation sources for spectro-, micro- and speciation analytical applications.
- Universal MAss spectrometric detection for Speciation Analysis [UMAS]
- Static High sensitivity ICP [SHIP]
- Miniaturised barrier Arc Discharge Plasma [ADP]
- Microwave Induced Plasma [MIP]
- Development of small, robust, cost effective and easy to use analytical speciation instruments (e.g. MiniMIP, Automated Speciation Analyser)
- Hyphenation of different separation and element selective detection techniques (e.g. gas- and liquid chromatography with UMAS-detection, GC-MIP-OES)