Computer Emergency Response Team at WWU (WWU-CERT)
WWU-CERT is responsible for handling security relevant occurrences associated with the usage of PCs and accounts of the University of Münster. It aims to protect members, infrastructure and reputation of Münster University.
This task includes the following points:
- Fast and efficient help as reaction on occurring events (e.g. hacking-attacks, critical security holes, viruses and worms)
- Blocking of PCs or accounts during severe incidences
- Conditioning of information and performing of investigations if it serves prevention or for inspecting hints if it is necessary
- Verification and reaction on copyright infringements
- Treatment of judicial and police requests in cooperation with justice department
- Analysis of IT security systems (e.g. IDS/IPS)
- Conducting vulnerability scans and pentests
- Cooperation with external interest groups and all those who are responsible for security at Münster University
- Cooperation in the conception of security relevant regularisations
This link provides a description of WWU-CERT in accordance with RFC 2350. It provides information about the CERT, how to contact it, and explains the scope of responsibility and services provided by WWU-CERT.