Group Prof. Dr. Ivan Berg Diversity of microbial metabolism
The main topic of our group is the central carbon metabolism in bacteria and archaea.
We are currently studying
- autotrophic carbon dioxide fixation pathway in the members of recently described archaea of the phylum Thaumarchaeota;
- autotrophic carbon dioxide fixation pathways in various thermophylic bacteria;
- autotrophic carbon dioxide fixation pathways in hyperthermophilic Crenarchaeota;
- itaconate degradation in pathogenic and saprotrophic bacteria under aerobic and anaerobic conditions
- functions of CitE-like proteins in different metabolic processes.