The service providers “ssso.uni-muenster.de” and “testssso.uni-muenster.de” as well as „vsso.uni-muenster.de“
The login servers are realized as reverse proxy servers and the real service servers trust the login servers.
There are different methods of logging in but all offer access to the identical services:
- https://sso.uni-muenster.de – Login with central username and central password of the university of Münster
- https://xsso.uni-muenster.de – Login with X.509 certificate issued by the certification authority of the university of Münster
- https://ssso.uni-muenster.de – Login using Shibboleth in the context of DFN-AAI [de] and eduGAIN
- https://testssso.uni-muenster.de – Login using Shibboleth (alternative server) in the context of DFN-AAI [de] and eduGAIN
- https://vsso.uni-muenster.de – Login using Shibboleth (alternative server requesting additional attributes) in the context of DFN-AAI [de] and eduGAIN
- (This list is not exhaustive.)
Some services may require certain login methods, e. g. some security critical services require logging using an X.509 certificate or two-factor authentication.
Certain services necessarily require additional trustworthy information about the logged in user (name, e-mail address). External users can use these services only via https://vsso.uni-muenster.de.