Scientific Curriculum Vitae:
- 1978-1984 Studies of biology, Ruhr-University Bochum
- 1988 PhD, Ruhr-University Bochum
- 1989-1991 Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Plant Pathology, Cornell-University
- 1992-1993 Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute of Botany, Westfalian Wilhelms University Münster
- 1992-1995 "Akademische Rätin", Institute of Botany, Westfalian Wilhelms University Münster
- 1995- "Akademische Oberrätin", Institute of Botany (until 15. October 2010)/Institute of Plant Biology and Biotechnology (since 15. October 2010 ), Westfalian Wilhelms University Münster
As toddler I was interested in disecting daisies. During my schoolyears I kept ladybugs, fed spiders in fall to help them over the winter, raised birds which had fallen out of their nest, nursed sickly plants and propagated Amaryllis via seeds. At university I had a fling with spider physiology as well as plant physiology, but was captivated by fungi - not mushrooms, but those which slay plants. So I am interested in fungal molecular biology, fungal phytopathogenicity and in the interaction of fungi and their hosts.
Verband Biologie, Biowissenschaften und Biomedizin in Deutschland e.V.