- Multiple Health behaviors - Physical Activity, Healthy Diet, Sleep
- Quality of Life & Well-Being
- Ageing or Age-group Differences
- Ph.D. in Psychologie, Jacobs University Bremen, Deutschland
- M.Sc. in Applied Positive Psychology, University of East London, Vereinigtes Königreich
- B.Sc. (Hons) Psychologie, Middlesex University, London, Vereinigtes Königreich & HELP University College, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Visiting Researcher, School of Applied Psychology, University College Cork, Ireland
- Research Project Manager, Department of Psychology and Methods, Jacobs University Bremen, Germany
- Substitute Teaching & Teaching Assistant, Department of Psychology and Methods, Jacobs University Bremen, Germany
- Assistant Lecturer, in Leadership and Management in a Digitalized World, Executive Education, Jacobs University Bremen, Germany
- Training Facilitator, Intercultural Competence for international students and employees from Daimler AG, Jacobs University Bremen, Germany
- Training Facilitator & Interpreter, Malaysia
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Nursing & Midwifery, Middlesex University, London, United Kingdom
- Interpreter & Facilitator, Center for Research into Creation in the Performing Arts, London, United Kingdom
- Pre-sessional & Student Services Administrator Assistant, Middlesex University, London, United Kingdom
- Team Host & Skills Assistant, WorldSkills London 2011, London, United Kingdom
- Mentor, Coach, & Sports Associate, AimHigher Associates Scheme, Newham Sixth Form College & University of East London, United Kingdom
- Student Ambassador, Middlesex University, London, U.K.
- A longitudinal study of orthopaedic rehabilitation patients: Physical activity, subjective health and positive affect. Clinical Applications of Positive Psychology: An International Perspective, -(1). ().
- Understanding the Positive Associations of Sleep, Physical Activity, Fruit and Vegetable Intake as Predictors of Quality of Life and Subjective Health Across Age Groups: A Theory Based, Cross-Sectional Web-Based Study. Frontiers in Psychology, 9(977). doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2018.00977. ().
- 10.14485/HBPR.5.2.5. (). Associations among sleep, diet, quality of life and subjective health. Health Behavior and Policy Review, 5(2), 46-58. doi:
- 10.2196/12145. (). Testing a photo story intervention in paper versus electronic tablet format compared to a traditional brochure among older adults in Germany: randomized controlled trial. JMIR Aging, 1(2). doi:
Abschlussarbeiten (Dissertation, Habilitation)
- . (). Multiple health behaviors, subjective health, quality of life and sleep quality: Theory-based investigations and implications for health promotion and disease prevention. (Dissertation). Jacobs University Bremen.
- Shu Ling Tan (): ‘Physical activity, subjective health, and emotions: Patterns in rehabilitation patients up to 8 years’. 31st Conference of the European Health Psychology Society (EHPS), Padua, Italy, .
- Shu Ling Tan (): ‘Understanding healthy aging by means of sleep and quality of life: relations with low-fat diet and implications for prevention and rehabilitation.’ Kongress für Gesundheitspsychologie 2017, Siegen, Deutschland, .