45,000 students and 8,000 employees in teaching, research and administration, all working together to shape perspectives for the future – that is the University of Münster (WWU). Embedded in the vibrant atmosphere of Münster with its high standard of living, the University’s diverse research profile and attractive study programmes draw students and researchers throughout Germany and from around the world.
The Institute for Analysis and Numerics in the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Münster (WWU), Germany, is seeking to fill the position of a
Postdoctoral Research Associate
(salary level TV-L E 13)
for the externally funded project MaRDI commencing on 1 September 2022. We are offering a fixed-term full-time position until 30 September 2026.
- Collaboration in the “Mathematical Research Data Initiative (MaRDI)”, www.mardi4nfdi.de.
- Development and implementation of research data infrastructure in the field of Scientific Computing and its mathematical foundations (e.g., a database of numerical algorithms,software interfaces between research codes, etc.)
- Cooperation with our partners within and outside MaRDI.
- An above average Ph.D. or similar qualification in mathematics or a related field is required.
- Extensive experience in the area of Scientific Computing is expected.
- Proven expertise in at least one of the areas of Research Data Management and Research Software Engineering is desirable.
- A high level of motivation as well as the ability to work both independently and in a team is expected.
The University of Münster is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the proportion of women academics. Consequently, we actively encourage applications by women. Female candidates with equivalent qualifications and academic achievements will be preferentially considered within the framework of the legal possibilities.
The University of Münster is committed to employing more staff with disabilities. Candidates with recognised severe disabilities who have equivalent qualifications are given preference in hiring decisions.
Positions can generally be filled as part-time positions if there are no compelling work-related reasons against doing so.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Stephan Rave (email@example.com). Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application by 10 July 2022. Please submit your application electronically in one PDF file (in English or German) to firstname.lastname@example.org