The Faculty for Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Münster, Münster, Germany, invites applicants for the
Ada Lovelace PhD Position
in mathematics and computer sciences
(75%, 13 TV-L)
The position is temporary for three years. The regular weekly working time is 39 hours and 50 minutes.
Applicants are expected to have
- A master’s degree or equivalent, allowing the applicant to pursue doctoral studies in mathematics or computer sciences at the University of Münster
- Above-average final grades
- Made arrangements to integrate into an existing work group / project group
The candidate is expected to graduate within three years. The Ada Lovelace PhD position was initiated by the programme for female professors (Professorinnenprogramm II) of the state of Nordrhine-Westfalia to promote gender equalization for junior scientists. The position comes with additional resources for travelling and material expenses.
University of Münster is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the proportion of women academics. Consequently, we actively encourage applications by women. Female candidates with equivalent qualifications and academic achievements will be preferentially considered within the framework of the legal possibilities. We also welcome applications from candidates with severe disabilities. Disabled candidates with equivalent qualifications will be preferentially considered.
Applications with the following documents
- Letter of motivation and CV
- Short description of the planed PhD project
- Letter of recommendation with a statement on applicant integration into a local working group / research group in Münster from the corresponding group leader
should be sent electronically in a single PDF file by 1 October 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org (Dekanat des FB 10, Einsteinstraße 62, 48149 Münster).