DE | EN
Prof. Dr. Karsten Mause
Office hours: by appointment via e-mail
Karsten Mause is Assistant Professor of Political Economy at the University of Muenster, Germany. Before joining WWU Muenster, he worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Bremen's research center "Transformations of the State" (SFB 597), funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG). He holds a Master's degree in Political Science and a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Marburg. His research focuses on various subfields of Political Economy as a multidisciplinary research field and has been published in the American Journal of Economics & Sociology, Constitutional Political Economy, European Journal of Law & Economics, Journal of Socio-Economics, Legislative Studies Quarterly, and other social science journals and books.
Curriculum Vitae: CV
Personal Website: www.karsten-mause.com
RESEARCH & TEACHING AREAS
- Political Economy: The Relationship between Politics and the Economy
- Public Policy Analysis (esp. Economic Policy, Fiscal Policy, Education Policy)
- The Behavior of Politicians, Interest Groups, and Citizens
- Governance Research: Tools of Government / Forms of Governance
- Mause, K. (2019): Political Economy. In: Alain Marciano & Giovanni B. Ramello (Eds.): Encyclopedia of Law & Economics. New York: Springer, forthcoming. [PDF]
- Geys, Benny & Mause, K. (2019): Politicians. In: Alain Marciano & Giovanni B. Ramello (Eds.): Encyclopedia of Law & Economics. New York: Springer, forthcoming. [PDF]
- Mause, K. (2018): Governing the Market for Sovereign Bailouts. In: Giuseppe Eusepi & Richard E. Wagner (Eds.): Debt Default and Democracy. Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar Publishing, pp. 17-35.
- Mause, K. & Gröteke, Friedrich (2017): The Economic Approach to European State Aid Control: A Politico-Economic Analysis. Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade 17(2): 185-201.
- Geys, Benny & Mause, K. (2016): The Limits of Electoral Control: Evidence from Last-Term Politicians. Legislative Studies Quarterly 41(4): 873-898.
- Höfer, Dennis & Mause, K. (2015): Public Events as Public Bads. Homo Oeconomicus - Journal of Behavioral and Institutional Economics 32(3/4): 401-426.
- Crössmann, Katharina & Mause, K. (2015): Rail Subsidisation in the European Union: An Issue Beyond Left and Right? Comparative European Politics 13(4): 471-492.
- Geys, Benny & Mause, K. (2014): Are Female Legislators Different? Exploring Sex Differences in German MPs' Outside Interests. Parliamentary Affairs 67(4): 841-865.
- Mause, K. (2014): Self-Serving Legislators? An Analysis of the Salary-Setting Institutions of 27 EU Parliaments. Constitutional Political Economy 25(2): 154-176.
- Geys, Benny & Mause, K. (2013): Moonlighting Politicians: A Survey and Research Agenda. Journal of Legislative Studies 19(1): 76-97.
For a full list of publications, please click here
Summer term 2019
"Politics as a Vocation" today | Master's course
Political Economy II | "Integrative Module" of Bachelor's degree program "Politics and Economics"
Winter term 2018/2019
Political Economy of the "Political Business" | Master's course
Political Economy I | "Integrative Module" of Bachelor's degree program "Politics and Economics"