© MM/Victoria Liesche
I am a first-year PhD student in the Logic group at WWU Münster, under the supervision of Franziska Jahnke and Martin Hils. My position is financed by the DFG via the project Modelltheorie bewerteter Körper mit Endomorphismus. I am also a member of the Cluster of Excellence ‘Mathematics Münster’ and one of the Speakers of the Graduate School.
Contacts: you can write me an email, call me at +49 251 83-36871 or find me on Twitter. My office is Room 110.021, Orléans Ring 10, 48149 Münster.
To the tune of ‘Let it be’
When I find myself in times of trouble
Valued fields come to me
Complete first-order theories
› Short Curriculum
See here for the full version.
- Research interests: model theory of valued (difference) fields, interactions between model theory and algebra, geometry and arithmetics
- Teaching: tutorials for NIP Theories (SoSe22)
- Education: MSc in Mathematics [thesis], BSc in Mathematics [thesis], Torino (Italy)
› Slides, notes and exposition
- A joint blog post (with Florian Felix) on the Model Theory of Separably Closed Fields
- Towards a model theory of Frobenius lifts | Graduate Students' Workshop, Szczecin, 23.03.2022
- We Don't Talk About \((\mathbb Z, +, \times, 0, 1)\) | Informal PhD Seminar, Münster, 23.02.2022
- The free pseudospace II | Student seminar, Münster, 10.01.2022
- Stable Groups 2: attack of the stabilizers | Student seminar, Münster, 13.12.2021
- Étale methods in the model theory of fields | Oberseminar, Münster, 06.05.2021
- The elementary theory of all pseudofinite fields | Student seminar, Münster, 21.04.2021
- The cell decomposition theorem | Student seminar, Münster, 01.12.2020
› Other interests
Outside of mathematics, I am interested in speculative fiction (here
is my goodreads account), tabletop games, (slam) poetry, contemporary art, design and typography.