External links to related applications:
- Walking Papers
This application aims to complete the coverage of Open Street Maps via sketch maps contributed by users.
- Tender Maps
This is a community mapping application which combines sketching with metric maps.
Links to related research groups and projects:
- Qualitative Spatial Reasoning Group @ Northwestern (Prof. Ken Forbus)
The qualitative spatial reasoning group works on sketch understanding and developed the software tool CogSketch.
- SPIRIT (Spatially-Aware Information Retrieval on the Internet)
SPIRIT is a research project aiming to develop an intelligent search engine for spatial information retrieval, here the spatial information can also be provided by a sketch map.
- SFB/TR 8 Spatial Cognition
SFB/TR 8 Spatial Cognition is an interdisciplinary transregional collaborative Research Center for Spatial Cognition. Projects under the Reasoning theme within the SFB/TR 8 initiative are interesting for research on representation of sketch maps.
Links to conferences and workshops related to the project's topic:
- Spatial Cognition
- COSIT (Conference on Spatial Information Theory: http://www.cosit.info)
- AGILE (Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe: http://www.agile-online.org)
- GbR (Representations in Pattern Recognition)
- SBIM (International Symposium on Sketch-based Interfaces and Modelling)
- KR (International Conference on Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning)