News and Press
JOB VACANCY: Research Associate (Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in (Full-time, E13TV-L) in the EU-funded project Wayfinding Through Orientation. Please submit your CV and a 1-page statement of interest by e-mail until no later than 10.10.2017 to Prof. Angela Schwering ( email@example.com ).
- Our journal paper entitled Wayfinding Through Orientation is now published online in Spatial Cognition and Computation Interdisciplinary Journal
- Our Workshop proposal for the 13th International Conference on Spatial Information Theory (COSIT2017) in L'Aquila, Italy is accepted. For more information, please visit this website.
- Heinrich Löwen's paper entitled "Perspectives in externalizations of mental spatial representations" was accepted to be presented at the 20th AGILE International Conference on Geographic Information Science in Wageningen, Niederlande.
- Marcelo Galvao's paper entitled "Dynamic Visualization Of Transit Information Using Genetic Algorithms For Path Schematization" was accepted to be presented at the GIS Ostrava 2017 Dynamics in GIscience conference in Ostrava, Czech Republic.
- The paper of Vanessa Joy Anacta, Mohammed Imaduddin Humayun, Angela Schwering and Jakub Krukar entitled 'Investigating representations of places with unclear spatial extent in sketch maps' is accepted as Full Paper for the AGILE 2017 International Conference in Wageningen, Netherlands.
- Heinrich Löwen, Marcelo Galvao and Vanessa Anacta presented the WayTO project at the "HORIZON 2020.NRW" event as one of the successful funded projects lead by Prof. Angela Schwering. See the video for the event here.
- Jakub Krukar presented their paper entitled "Increasing the Density of Local Landmarks in Wayfinding Instructions for the Visually Impaired" at the International Conference on Location-based Services in Vienna, Austria.
- Jakub Krukar and Angela Schwering's paper entitled "What is Orientation?" is accepted for presentation at the KogWis2016: 13th Biannual Conference of the German Cognitive Science Society in Bremen, Germany.
- Our poster entitled 'Visualizing Salient features in Spatial Descriptions' is accepted for presentation at the European Workshop in Image and Cognition (EWIC) 2016.
- The paper entitled 'Cognitively driven design in geospatial technologies: achieving spatial intelligence in both systems and humans in everyday activities' is accepted for presentation at the UCGIS Research Challenges Initiative Symposium.
- Angela Schwering is featured in the Westfälische Nachrichten about the WayTO Project.
- Our journal article entitlted "Orientation information in wayfinding instructions: Evidences from human verbal and visual instruction" is accepted in GeoJournal.
- Link to Angela Schwering's interview with Deutschlandradio (Deutschlandfunk, Deutschlandradio Kultur und DRadio Wissen) about the WayTO Project. mp3
The following articles by Stefan Münzer about navigation and orientation are accepted:
- Link to Stefan Münzer's article in 'Gehirn und Geist' Psychology Magazine Schaden Navigationssysteme unserem Orientierungssinn?
- Link to Stefan Muenzer's article in 'Die Zeit Online (Wissen)' Orientierungssinn
12 June 2015
- Our Poster paper entitled "Map-off the city: How uncertain places are represented in sketch maps" won the BEST POSTER AWARD at the AGILE 2015 International Conference.
17 April 2015
- Prof. Dr. Schwering's interview with BR (Bayerischer Rundfunk). mp3
10 April 2015
- An article with the title "Unser Orientierungssinn geht auf Krücken" appreared in the Süddeutschen Zeitung magazine.
19 March 2015
- The paper entitled "Map-off the city: How uncertain places are represented in sketch maps" by Vanessa Joy A. Anacta, Mohammed Imaddudin Humayun, Angela Schwering was accepted for Poster presentation at the AGILE 2015 International Conference held at Lisbon, Portugal.
- The paper entitled "Navigating on web maps: Route characteristics and performance" by Stefan Fuest, Rui Li, Angela Schwering was accepted as short paper at the AGILE 2015 International Conference held at Lisbon, Portugal.
09. März 2015
- An article with the title "Verlieren wir durch Navis unseren Orientierungssinn?" appeared at the Zeit Online magazine.
01 October 2014
- The paper entitled "Visualizing Distant Off-screen Landmarks on Mobile Devices to Support Spatial Orientation" by Rui Li, Amichi Korda, Maurin Radtke, Angela Schwering was accepted as a journal paper.
27 Juni 2014
- Our extended abstract "Determining Hierarchy of Landmarks in Spatial Descriptions" was accepted as poster at the Interantional Conference on Geographic Information Science 2014 (GI Science).
30 April 2014
- Our paper "The Use of Local and Global Landmarks across Scales and Modes of Transportation in Verbal Route Instructions" was accepted as poster at the Spatial Cognition Conference 2014.
28 - 29 April 2014
- Stefan Münzer, Angela Schwering, Rui Li und Vanessa Joy Anacta organized the Kick-off Meeting for the project start in October, which was held in Münster.
29 April 2014
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Münzer's interview with WDR: "Duisburg instead of Rügen: A woman lost her way with Navigation System"