Laboratory animal science courses
Target group: Persons who conduct animal testing, experiment designers
In this laboratory animal science course, participants acquire the legally mandated expertise and skills required for competently conducting animal testing activities in accordance with § 2, § 3 and § 16 of the Animal Testing Protection Regulations (TierSchVersV) for the animal types mouse, rat and fish. The number of participants is limited to eight per course. Prior registration is required and is binding.
- Fundamental knowledge concerning current national and international laws related to animal protection (TierSchG, TierSchVersV, VersTierMeldV, current EU regulations)
- Fundamentals of experiment design
- Ethics and 3R
- Breeding and keeping lab animals
- Experimental methods
- Fundamentals of anaesthesia
- Fundamentals of stress and suffering of lab animals
- Biology, care and special requirements of specific animal types
Please note: The new lab animal science training concept of the University of Münster is species-specific and modularly structured. Dates for additional lab animal science courses for other species are currently being planned and will be announced on this page shortly.
Be sure to set aside sufficient time for self-study (e-learning with success monitoring). Participants are responsible for acquiring the necessary expertise themselves from texts, images and videos. The course material on the scientific theory will be accessible for a period of eight weeks.
Methods: Self-learning programme (e-learning with success monitoring), practical exercises