Guidelines, how to use quotations, plagiarism
Before starting your term paper, see me for an obligatory consultation during my office hours. This will allow us to discuss
(1) your working title,
(2) a one to two-page abstract,
(3) the proposed structure (with allocated word-count), and
(4) your working bibliography.
When writing your term paper, make certain that you adhere to the information set out in the below sections “Guidelines” and “How to use quotations”.
• Obtain my “evaluation sheet” in class; it indicates which aspects of your paper will be graded.
• Set out references and the bibliography in MLA style.
• Leave ample margins (at least 5cm on the right & at least 2.5 cm all other sides)
• Line spacing: double space or 1.5 (but single space for indented quotations only)
• Attach the note about "Plagiierte Hausarbeiten" to your paper (see Plagiarism below).
As a rule, I return term papers during my office hours only. In this way, I can give you feedback while you have a chance of raising questions about your essay and any further work.
Please choose an office hour that is convenient for you, put down your name, and clearly indicate why you are attending (e.g. "Abholung Hausarbeit"). At this point I'll read and grade your work in time for the slot you've selected. Please note that you need to give me one or two weeks notice.