Student advisory service
The student advisory office is open to everyone seeking advice concerning studies at the English Department.
Office hours are offered on an open basis so you do not need an extra appointment. If you wish to consult the student advisor outside the office hours, please make an appointment beforehand.
Please make sure to come prepared and to bring pen and paper in case you need to take notes.
The office hours for the summer term (9 April - 20 July) are:
Monday 13.00 - 15.00
Tuesday 9.30 - 12.00 and 13.00 - 15.00
Wednesday 9.00 - 11.00 and 13.00 - 15.00
Thursday 9.30 - 12.00 and 13.00 - 15.00
Friday 9.30 - 12.00
and by appointment.
Please note that the office hours on Wednesday afternoon (18 April, 13.00-15.00) have to be cancelled.
Allocation of remaining places on courses of the English Department for the summer semester 2018
For students in higher semesters of their degree programme (2nd semester onwards):
If you have missed the HIS-LSF online registration deadline for courses offered by the English Department (as well as the one-week manual allocation phase offered by the Student Advisory Service in late January/early February), or if there were other reasons why you have not received a place on such courses, please do the following:
- For lectures, places can still be allocated via the normal HIS-LSF registration process, even after the deadline. So please use HIS-LSF.
- For other course types (e.g. B.A. seminars, practical skills courses / Übungen, and postgraduate classes), remaining places are now allocated directly by the course teachers; please contact them if necessary.
Cases of hardship should, however, contact the student advisory service first.
For 1st-semester M.Ed. students:
- Online registration on HIS-LSF * from 3 to 8 April 2018
for all students who are already matriculated at that time
(announcement of allocation results: 9 April 2018, 6 p.m.)
* Please note: If there is more than one course/group available for a certain course type (e.g. different seminars in the same module), register for more than 1 option (normally the system expects 3), in order of preference; otherwise the software will reject your application. Also, please avoid timetable overlaps because the software cannot correct overlaps by itself.
- For students who are not yet matriculated during the HIS-LSF online registration phase:
Manual registration at the Student Advisory Service from 10 to 12 April 2018 (within the regular office hours, except for Tuesday, 10 April, when office hours start at 10 instead of 9.30)
- Registration within these periods is obligatory; otherwise course participation is not possible. There will be no further registration period. The Student Advisory Service offers individual counselling.
- The course overview is available here.