For detailed information and guidelines regarding the corporate design policies of the University of Münster, please download our CD manual (1.2 MB). The following are the most important design features:
The WWU logo serves as the visual "trademark" of the University. It has a high recognition and identification value both inside and outside the University, which is why it is very important to apply it consistently and correctly.
We have established guidelines that define how the logo may be used with respect to size, colour and background. The most important of these include:
- The word and figurative mark must always be used together
- Position on image media: upper left corner
- Colours: black, white/negative, silver
- Application of the alternative logo (only WWU, without "Münster"): printing size
The claim "wissen.leben" captures in a nutshell the close interplay between knowledge and society / the University and Münster. At the same time, it is an appeal to actively integrate knowledge into one's life. As a communicative guiding principle, the claim supports the trademark and unique profile of the University of Münster.
- Position on image media: bottom left corner
- Colour: black, white/negative
- The claim can be extended by adding a third word (e.g. living.knowledge.music)
- English variant of the claim: "living.knowledge"
The basic font used at the University of Münster is the Meta font family. Not only do we use it in office communication (letters, fax templates), but also in a wide range of print products (brochures, flyers, posters).
For longer running texts, e.g. in the University newspaper or in magazines, the serif font Adobe Garamond is substituted for Meta as the second in-house typeface.
For texts on the Internet and intranet, we use the open-access font Verdana.