Aims of the partners
The University of Münster has the aim to support top-level athletes to combine academic studies and sports and to improve the framework conditions.
With the cooperation of top-level athletes and the Universities with its institutions and facilities, following aims are pursued:
- sustainable supporting accompaniment during the choice and the transition to the working world
- Alignment of practices, courses and championships
- Prevention of disadvantages because of top-level sports dedication
- Improvement of general conditions for athletes
- Combined support from different institutions and organizations of the University
- Appreciation and appraisal for double workload for studying squad-athletes
- Social security and better job perspectives for the time after the active period
- Promoting the significance of students for the German top-level sports.
- Gaining interest and attention from political decision-makers
- Securing or increasing the rate of top athletes among university students
- Perception of the sociopolitical commitment for athletic ambassadors