In my research group “Social Neuroscience”, the focus lies on cognitive deficits in psychiatric disorders. Social cognitive and other cognitive domains are investigated in healthy and psychiatric patients with behavioral, neuroimaging and other biological techniques (e.g. EEG, eye-tracking). A specific focus lies on patients with schizophrenia and autism. Cross-cultural psychology with a focus on East-Asia is of specific interest to me due to intensive research exchange with universities in Japan.
- Koelkebeck K, Luettgenau J, Kohl W, Triantafillou S, Ohrmann P, Satoh S, Minoshita S. Benefits of using culturally unfamiliar stimuli in ambiguous emotion identification: a cross-cultural study. Psychiatry Res 2015 Jul 30;228(1):39-45
- Koelkebeck K, Miyata J, Kubota M, Kohl W, Son S, Fukuyama H, Sawamoto N, Takahashi H, Murai T. The contribution of cortical thickness and surface area to gray matter asymmetries in the healthy human brain. Hum Brain Mapp 2014; 35(12): 6011-22
- Koelkebeck K, Hirao K, Kawada R, Miyata J, Saze T, Ubukata S, Ohrmann P, Pedersen A, Bauer J, Dannlowski U, Sawamoto N, Fukuyama H, Takahashi H, Murai T. Impact of gray matter reductions on Theory of mind abilities in patients with schizophrenia. Soc Neurosci. 2013 Nov;8(6):631-9.
- Pedersen A#, Koelkebeck K#, Brandt M, Wee M, Küppers K, Kugel H, Kohl W, Bauer J, Ohrmann P. Theory of mind in patients with schizophrenia: Is mentalizing delayed? Schizophr Res. 2012 May;137(1-3):224-9
- Koelkebeck K, Pedersen A, Suslow T, Kueppers KA, Arolt V, Ohrmann P. Theory of Mind in first-episode schizophrenia patients: Correlations with cognition and personality traits. Schizophr Res. 2010 Jun;119(1-3):115-23
|2003||Graduation from School of Medicine, Muenster University|
|2004||Reception of doctorate degree (Dr. med.), Muenster University|
|2003-2011||Resident at the Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy and Department of Neurology, University of Muenster|
|2011||Completion of professional training as a psychiatrist and psychotherapist|
|2012||Attending psychiatrist at the Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Muenster|
|2012||Leader of group “Social Neuroscience”|
|2014||Completion of post-doctoral thesis (Privat-Dozent) at the School of Medicine, Muenster University|
Honors and Awards
|2012||European Psychiatric Association Fellowship Award of the Japanese Society of Psychiatry and Neurology (JSPN)|
|2013||Early Career Psychiatrists Scholarship Programme|