Prof. Dr. Helmut Maurer
Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik
Helmut Maurer is a Professor of the Institute since 1984. He retired from teaching duties in 2010. His main interest is in the theory, numerics and applications of optimal control problems for ODEs and some classes of PDEs.
- Optimal control problems with control and state constraints: Necessary and sufficient optimality conditions, Boundary value methods, Discretization and nonlinear programming methods, Sensitivity analysis and real-time control, Optimal control with time delays, Applications in biomedicine, chemical engineering, climate research and economics, mechanics, mechatronics, physics.
- Sufficient optimality conditions and sensitivity analysis for problems with control and state constraints, in particular, for bang-bang and singular controls.
- Minimum Principle for optimal control problems with control and state delays.
- Discretization and the application of large-scale optimization techniques.
- Verification of sufficient conditions and related real-time control techniques.
- Control of semiconductor lasers, robotics and mechatronics, fedbatch processes, economic processes, dynamic models in biomedicine (dose profiles in cancer treatment, multidrug control of a model of the immune response).
You can find a list of publications here. Please note that this list is infrequently updated and might not be completely up to date.
List of Completed PhDs