Call for Abstracts
1. Lateinamerikanische Social Innovation Network Konferenz - 28 - 29. September 2017, Panama
July 15th 2017: Submission Deadline
This call is aimed at both researchers and practitioners to present abstracts (max. 500 words) for consideration to form part of the First Latin American Social Innovation Network conference to be held on 28th and 29th September. Abstracts may include: research results, case studies and/or presentations based on experiences gained through practice and decision-making in social innovation or any other form of proposal.
Successful applicants will be invited to write an extended abstract (max. 1000 words) to be presented at one of the main sessions of the conference in the form of a power point presentation. They will be also be invited to contribute to a book of proceedings from the conference.
All other Applicants, will have the opportunity to present their abstracts in the form of a poster session.
All Applicants will be invited to join the LASIN Network.
The call is available in English, Spanish and in Portuguese.
The Papers should reflect one of the topics below:
· Social Innovation and the Environment (e.g. Smart Cities and Green Spaces)
· Social Innovation and Technology
· Social Innovation and People: Social Cohesion, Health, Education, Employment
· How can social innovation be measured, scaled-up, transferred or sustained?
· How can universities support social innovation?
· Education for social innovation (e.g. methodologies and practices)
· Social innovation theories and practices in Latin America
July 15th 2017: Submission Deadline
August 15th 2017: Notification of acceptance of the abstracts.
September 15th 2017: Submission of the extended abstracts
September 28th 2017: Start of conference
September 29th: End of Conference
March 15th 2017: Publication of Conference Proceedings
Abstracts must be submitted to the LASIN email: email@example.com
For questions please contact: Mr. Sergio Puerta (contact detail on the right side)
More information on the LASIN project at www.lasin-eu.org
· Only abstracts of no more than 500 words will be accepted.
· Each abstract will be reviewed by two reviewers, selected randomly among members of the Programming Committee and additional reviewers, if necessary, for double-blind review.
· Abstracts will be reviewed according to the following criteria: Originality, novelty, innovativeness, relevance, appropriateness, significance, quality, presentation
· Each submission must be connected with at least one of the main themes of the conference.
· Each contribution must have a title.
· Abstracts may be in English, Spanish or Portuguese. No other language will be accepted.
· They should include the author(s)’ names, affiliation and contact details.
The program committee comprises 13 members, with three principal reviewers, from seven countries. The names, affiliations and countries of the members of Programme Committee are as follows:
Carla Cipolla COPPE, University of Brazil (Brazil) – principal reviewer
Mark Majewsky Anderson Glasgow Caledonian University (Scotland) – principal reviewer
Cristian Figuera Arrau, Universidad de Desarrollo (Chile) – principal reviewer
Ana Lucia Perez Patiño, Universidad de Antioquia (Colombia)
Lautaro Guerra Genskowsky (Chile)
Sergio Puerta, University of Munster (Germany)
Cristina Beans, University of Alicante (Spain)
So Jung Rim, Social Innovation Exchange (UK)
Gina Bernal, Ilumno Network (Colombia)
Candida Borges, Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
Adriana Angarita, Universidad del Istmo (Panama)
Justiniano Montenegro, Universidad Católica Santa María la Antigua (Panama)
Lina María Téllez Marmolejo, Fundación Universidad Area Andina (Colombia)